A standard operating procedure is a step by step instructions where an employee should handle a task or a situation which basically arises on a business. The SOPs purpose is to ensure a successful and a profitable outcome of the task and make sure the outcome is very much consistent no matter who is actually completing the task.
Here are some of the steps which will definitely help you to create a standard operating procedures.
1. By just writing down the goals or motives which you actually wants to accomplish with the SOP.
2. Writing down a draft in a very clear and concise way and also make sure to include enough number of details so that the person who is or who will perform the task should be clear and could able to carry it out very clearly.
3. After writing the first draft of the SOP you should follow the steps which you have written down just to make it sure that the SOP is complete. And also make a useful adjustments also test the SOP by yourself.
4. You should also test the SOP with an employee or someone you know who can complete the SOP with all the following examples and instructions.
5. Try to create a draft by just incorporating a feedback from the tester and make an adjustment copy of the SOP for the final version.
6. Do a distribution of SOP to the employees. You can keep a hard copy of the SOP with yourself or can easily put a paper work on the companies bulletin board and can distribute a copy through email.
Q. What are the examples of the Standard Operating Procedures?
The examples of SOP are as follows:-
1. Purpose:- This procedure actually describes the steps which are actually required to verify the customers identity itself.
2. Scope:- This procedure actually applies on any of the walk in customer or the customer at the drives by the windows of all the branches of the ACME bank.
3. Responsibilities:- In this all the branch employees who perform the cashier duties needs to have the responsibilities to verify the customers identity.
4. Verification of customers identity:- Each cashier needs to verify customers identity before making and kind of cash withdrawals or and kind of transfers between any accounts. The cashier must ask for a photo id of the customer so that he could easily verify his name and an id proof on the account.
The distribution and comprehension for the SOP.
By depending on the size and the scope of the company a single company manages a thousands of SOPs. But if there is any change in the company procedure , or the regulation or the corporate policy of the company then it can effect thousands of personnel.
This is where SOP becomes really important.
The FDA requires or asks the distributed SOPs in a very simple manner where each employee actually validate the receipts and the understanding of it. But in large organizations it requires EDMS ( Electronic data management system). This system actually comply with the regulatory requirements and provides secure access for the program monitoring and the management.
All the SOP programs includes testing or an evaluation features which basically establish an employee’s level of comprehension for any Standard operating procedure. This online testing program gives managers an immediate access to the information and promote a quick response to the knowledge gaps when it is need to be identified.
Suggested links:- https://www.theviralbusiness.com/category/home/entrepreneurs/